- Create a wedding playlist of the couple's favorite songs and burn a ‘wedding’ CD. Make enough copies for the bridal party and give them to the new Bride and Groom. They can give it as a ‘thank you’ to the bridal party and have it playing while you get ready and get to and from the ceremony, photos, and reception.
- Buy inexpensive ballet slippers or flip flops for the bridal party and let the Bride-to-be know the dance floor will be moving ‘all night long’!
- Make a ‘basketful of items’ for the venue bathrooms. Tailor the basket for the venue - whether an indoor or outdoor wedding. For the ladies, include: mints, Band-Aid strips, hair spray, clear nail polish, hand sanitizer wipes, tampons, hand lotion, aspirin, bug spray, etc. For the gentlemen, include: mints, hand sanitizer wipes, aspirin, hair gel, bug spray, etc. And, don’t forget to make a sign, “Compliments of the Bride & Groom.”
- Prepare for a rainy day. If the weather looks to be inclement, you may think to run out for a supply of inexpensive umbrellas. At least, have one on hand for the Bride and Groom-to-be!
- Help the Bride-to-be with an itinerary. Share with the wedding party all the important weekend or day-of events. Keep everyone organized...the groom and his groomsmen included. One less worry for the Bride-to-be!
- Coordinate efforts to donate leftover reception food to a local shelter. The Bride and Groom-to-be may not even think of this.
- If you are a public speaker who has no qualms or quivers standing up in a crowd, offer your coaching skills to those who will be speech-delivering at the reception. And, it's always nice to offer your creative skills to help write, rehearse, and tell a story.
- Arrange and coordinate the donation of all of the wedding flowers to a nearby nursing home. What a beautiful gesture!
You May Also Be Interested In...
Do you have to postpone your wedding? Don't worry, we're here for you! This article will tell you everything you need to know about postponing a wedding.