- Create a wedding playlist of the couple's favorite songs and burn a ‘wedding’ CD. Make enough copies for the bridal party and give them to the new Bride and Groom. They can give it as a ‘thank you’ to the bridal party and have it playing while you get ready and get to and from the ceremony, photos, and reception.
- Buy inexpensive ballet slippers or flip flops for the bridal party and let the Bride-to-be know the dance floor will be moving ‘all night long’!
- Make a ‘basketful of items’ for the venue bathrooms. Tailor the basket for the venue - whether an indoor or outdoor wedding. For the ladies, include: mints, Band-Aid strips, hair spray, clear nail polish, hand sanitizer wipes, tampons, hand lotion, aspirin, bug spray, etc. For the gentlemen, include: mints, hand sanitizer wipes, aspirin, hair gel, bug spray, etc. And, don’t forget to make a sign, “Compliments of the Bride & Groom.”
- Prepare for a rainy day. If the weather looks to be inclement, you may think to run out for a supply of inexpensive umbrellas. At least, have one on hand for the Bride and Groom-to-be!
- Help the Bride-to-be with an itinerary. Share with the wedding party all the important weekend or day-of events. Keep everyone organized...the groom and his groomsmen included. One less worry for the Bride-to-be!
- Coordinate efforts to donate leftover reception food to a local shelter. The Bride and Groom-to-be may not even think of this.
- If you are a public speaker who has no qualms or quivers standing up in a crowd, offer your coaching skills to those who will be speech-delivering at the reception. And, it's always nice to offer your creative skills to help write, rehearse, and tell a story.
- Arrange and coordinate the donation of all of the wedding flowers to a nearby nursing home. What a beautiful gesture!
You May Also Be Interested In...
Do you want simple bridesmaid bouquets or outrageous ones? A traditional rose bouquet or something more unique? Don't know? Check out these bridesmaid bouquet ideas!